This program is used to bridge the gap between maximum medical improvement and improving the employee's functional abilities to return to competitive employment. The Center for Work Rehabilitation at the Fontana Center accomplishes this by:
- Using real work activities
- Using a real work environment
- Using aggressive stretching, conditioning exercise, and education
- Training in proper body mechanics
Using this approach, employees not only improve their functional work levels, but also learn the skills necessary to help them change their work behaviors.
The benefits of using these components in a Work Hardening program are:
- The time that it takes for an employee to return to work is shortened.
- The level of work that they are able to return to is greater than it would be other wise.
- The threat of re-injury is greatly lessened.
Forty-seven percent of our Work Hardening clients return to heavy and very heavy work and 87% return to medium to heavy work in an average of 13 days. Work Hardening at the Center for Work Rehabilitation gets results and gets it QUICKLY!