What about Water Exercise?
Water/Aquatic Exercise is a relaxing yet effective way to perform activities in an environment that is forgiving to the body. All water activities are done in our enclosed, heated pool (86-88o). Individual exercise programs can be established or participants can take part in organized water aerobics or lap swimming.
Who can participate in Water Exercise?
- Water exercise is appropriate for most all fitness levels
- Pregnant women who have been in some sort of exercise program prior to pregnancy can safely begin at any time
- Pregnant women who have not been exercising should consult a physician prior to beginning a program
What are the Benefits of Water Exercise?
- Decreases the force of gravity that stresses joints.
- Increases circulation
- Increases cardiovascular function
- Muscle relaxation
- Improve strength
- Improve agility
- Increase range of motion
- Increased muscle tone
- Improve balance
- Decrease swelling
What if I Canít Swim?
Not to worry, activities can be performed in shallow water (4ft). We also have floatation belts along with other floatation devices to keep you safe.